Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology > Employees
Jens Bak Sommer
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Jagtvej 160, 2100 København Ø
Primary fields of research
- Traumatic brain injury
- In vivo pharmacology
- Clinical and comparative neuropsychology
- Neuroprotection and neurorehabilitation
- Outcome and prognosis following severe acquired brain injury
- Investigation of the pre-clinical potential of PSD-95-inhibitors as therapeutics in the treatment of traumatic brain injury: PSD-95-inhibitors are administered in two experimental models of traumatic brain injury in rodents. Therapeutic effects are evaluated in terms of lesion size and functional recovery within a broad spectrum of cognitive and behavioural domains.
- Prognostic modelling and assessment of cognitive outcome in patients with severe traumatic brain injury.