Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology > Employees
Francois Louis Jean Crestey
Medicinal Chemistry Research
Jagtvej 162, 2100 København Ø, 30, Building: 338
My research (performed in several european academic labs as well as in pharmaceutical companies) has been devoted within the field of organic and medicinal chemistry with emphasis on:
- methods to develop multi-functionalized indazole libraries; cross-coupling reactions (Heck, Suzuki, Sonogashira, Negishi).
- microwave-assisted protocols; solid-support synthesis; synthesis of peptidomimetics and monosubstituted chiral and highly valuable building blocks using activated aziridines.
- organometallic chemistry, regio- and chemoselective metallation of sensitive heterocycles, i.e. purines, phthalazines, quinazolines.
- total synthesis and semisynthesis of natural products, for example ascididemin and thapsigargin.
- synthesis and evaluation of competitive and selective neuronal nicotinic receptor antagonists (ligand-gated channels) as well as selective voltage-gated sodium channels modulators.
- design and synthesis of potent and selective inhibitors of CNS enzymes with anti-Alzheimer properties.
In addition, my former position as Research Scientist at Ferring Pharmaceuticals A/S allowed me to mainly work on non-peptide related impurities detection and characterization as well as to manage API's manufactures (via CROs and CMOs).
*In vivo click chemistry using appropriate substituted tetrazine building blocks
*Radiolabeling (fluorine) and synthesis of precursors as well as reference compounds for hot chemistry
Please follow this link below for more information about the Click-It project: