Cancer and Infectious Diseases
Through interdisciplinary collaborations, the cluster aims at discovery and optimization of anticancer and/or antimicrobial lead compounds that combat emerging multidrug resistance. These are validated by in vitro and in vivo models. Our mission is to:
• Design peptides/peptidomimetics and small molecules that combat multidrug-resistant bacterial infections and identify novel targets
• Develop and apply cutting-edge technologies for identification of natural products with
potential as chemotherapeutic leads
• Explore and validate novel anticancer compounds and targets
- Anti-cancer research concern: Natural products, peptide probes, small molecules, assays, and expression of target proteins. (Tilhørende billede er vist nedenfor
- Antimicrobial agents comprise: Peptide-based antibiotics, fungal/plant metabolites, bacterial pumps, and expression of target proteins. (Tilhørende billede er vist nedenfor
- Novel Cyclic Lipopeptide Antibiotics: Effects of Acyl Chain Length and Position.
- Peptide/Peptoid Hybrid Oligomers: The Influence of Hydrophobicity and Relative Side-Chain Length on Antibacterial Activity and Cell Selectivity.
- Antimicrobial Activity of α-Peptide/β-Peptoid Lysine-Based Peptidomimetics Against Colistin-Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa Isolated From Cystic Fibrosis Patients.
- Repurposing Azithromycin and Rifampicin Against Gram-Negative Pathogens by Combination With Peptidomimetics.
- Structural analysis of Cytochrome P450 BM3 mutant M11 in complex with dithiothreitol.
- ABCG2 Protein Levels and Association to Response to First-Line Irinotecan-Based Therapy for Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer.
- Four phase 1 trials to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetic profile of single and repeated dosing of SCO-101 in adult male and female volunteers.
- An Explorative Analysis of ABCG2/TOP-1 mRNA Expression as a Biomarker Test for FOLFIRI Treatment in Stage III Colon Cancer Patients: Results from Retrospective Analyses of the PETACC-3 Trial.
- Pharmacodynamic modelling reveals synergistic interaction between docetaxel and SCO-101 in a docetaxel-resistant triple negative breast cancer cell line.
- The Pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidine Derivative, SCO-201, Reverses Multidrug Resistance Mediated by ABCG2/BCRP.
- Gel-Based Proteomics of Clinical Samples Identifies Potential Serological Biomarkers for Early Detection of Colorectal Cancer.
- Metallopeptidase inhibitor 1 (TIMP-1) promotes receptor tyrosine kinase c-Kit signaling in colorectal cancer.
- Two open-label, single arm, non-randomized phase II studies of irinotecan for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in patients with increased copy number of the topoisomerase I gene.
|Henrik Franzyk||Associate professor|
|Jan Stenvang||Associate professor|
|Jens Soelberg||Senior curator|
|Joseph Matthew Rogers||Associate professor|
|Karla Andrea Frydenvang||Associate professor|
|Kenneth Thermann Kongstad||Associate professor|
|Lennart Bunch||Associate professor|
|Matthias Manfred Herth||Associate professor|
|Osman Asghar Mirza||Associate professor|
|Paul Robert Hansen||Associate professor|