Related to Neurodegenerative diseases and Inflammatory disorders
Metabolism and Inflammation
Our mission is to:
Establish a leading interdisciplinary research environment that will contribute to the development of effective therapeutics for metabolic and inflammatory disorders by:
- Studies of the biochemical basis for the disorders
- Identification and validation of new targets and therapeutic approaches
- Development of tool compounds that can enable studies of new target and serve as leads for drug discovery
- Zhu J, Pedersen MD, Ahmed LS, Abdolalizadeh B, Grell AS, Berg JO, Thulstrup PW, Franzyk H, Edvinsson L, Sams A, Sheykhzade M, Hansen PR. FluorescentAnalogues of Human α-Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide with Potent Vasodilator Activity. Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21(4):1343. doi: 10.3390/ijms21041343.
- Aldana, BI, Zhang, Y, Jensen, P, Chandrasekaran, A, Christensen, SK, Nielsen, TT, Nielsen, JE, Hyttel, P, Larsen, MR, Waagepetersen, HS & Freude, KK 2020, 'Glutamate-glutamine homeostasis is perturbed in neurons and astrocytes derived from patient iPSC models of frontotemporal dementia', Molecular Brain, vol. 13, no. 1, 125. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13041-020-00658-6
- Ulven, ER, Quon, T, Sergeev, E, Barki, N, Brvar, M, Hudson, BD, Dutta, P, Hansen, AH, Bielefeldt, LØ, Tobin, AB, McKenzie, CJ, Milligan, G & Ulven, T 2020, 'Structure-Activity Relationship Studies of Tetrahydroquinolone Free Fatty Acid Receptor 3 Modulators', Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 3577-3595. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.9b02036
- Arildsen L, Andersen JV, Waagepetersen HS, Nissen JBD, Sheykhzade M. Hypermetabolism and impaired endothelium-dependent vasodilation in mesenteric arteries of type 2 diabetes mellitus db/db mice. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2019 Nov;16(6):539-548. doi: 10.1177/1479164119865885. Epub 2019 Jul 31. PMID: 31364402.