Protein-membrane interactions in health and disease in the Galvagnion Group
Our research aims at understanding how changes in protein-lipid interactions can lead to the loss of function and/or the gain of toxicity of proteins in the context of disease.
In particular, we aim at providing mechanistic insights into the interplay between disruptions in lipid homeostasis and neurodegenerative disorders, such as Parkinson's Disease. In order to address this question, we use a multidisciplinary approach at the interface between biology and biophysics including the study of different disease cellular models and the characterization of protein-membrane interactions and aggregation at the molecular level.
- Short chain negatively charged phospholipids initiate α-synuclein aggregation (Galvagnion C, et al, Nat Chem Biol. 2015; Galvagnion C, et al, PNAS 2016)
- Lipid molecules co-assemble with α-synuclein into amyloid fibrils (Galvagnion C, et al, J Phys Chem Lett. 2019)
- Parkinson’s Disease is associated with changes in lipid levels / properties (Galvagnion C, J Parkinsons Dis. 2017)
- DKK 9,978,812 Hallas-Møller Emerging Investigator grant
Céline Galvagnion has been awarded a Hallas-Møller Emerging Investigator grant of DKK DKK 9,978,812 for the project “Brain lipid ageing and selective neuronal vulnerability in the context of Parkinson’s Disease”.
More Information on the Novo Nordisk Foundation can be found here.
- DKK 4,499,587 Carlsberg Foundation Young Researcher Fellowship grant
“Céline Galvagnion has been awarded a Carlsberg Foundation Young Researcher Fellowship grant of DKK 4,499,587 as a contribution for the project “Establishing the role of Glucocerebrosidase mutations and associated changes in lipid metabolism in the emergence of alpha-synuclein and Parkinson Disease pathology”.
- DKK 100,000 grant from Parkinsonforeningen
We are grateful to the danish Parkinson’s disease foundation (Parkinsonforeningen) for a DKK 100,000 grant that we have recently received (see photo below from the prize ceremony with Countess Alexandra). Read more about parkinsonforeningen
- Carlsberg Foundation
- Lundbeck Foundation
- Novo Nordisk Foundation
|Cota Coronado, Jose Agustin||Postdoc|
|Galvagnion-Büll, Céline||Associate Professor||+4535337828|
|Marlet, Frederik Ravnkilde||PhD Fellow||+4535334982|
|Petersen, Daniel||PhD Fellow||+4535333363|
|Sanz Muñoz, Sonia||Postdoc||+4535321119|
|da Silva, Janet Nagayi Nandawula||Laboratory Technician||+4535337642|