Molecular pharmacology of G protein-coupled receptors in the Bräuner-Osborne group
The Bräuner-Osborne group focus on pharmacological and physiological characterization of G protein-coupled receptors bridging from development of novel pharmacological tool compounds by integration of pharmacology, medicinal chemistry and computer modeling to understand the physiological role and therapeutic prospects of the receptors.
A main focus of my group is development of ligands with novel pharmacological profiles at G protein-coupled receptors. Another interest is to understand ligand-receptor interactions, subtype selectivity, activation mechanisms and signaling pathways at the molecular/mechanistic level.
Another focus area is orphan receptors for which the endogenous ligands remains to be identified. We have identified putative endogenous and/or surrogate ligands for a range of orphan receptors including GPRC6A, GPR139, GPR15 and GPR132.
Finally, the group work with clinicians and geneticists with the aim of understand molecular mechanisms of disease and improve treatments via personalized medicine.
1. Identified putative endogenous ligands for orphan receptors
2. Delineated mechanisms of allosteric modulation and receptor internalization
3. Coupled genetic variants in humans with receptor function
1. Foster, S. R., Hauser, A. S., Vedel, L., Strachan, R. T., Huang, X. P., Gavin, A. C., Shah, S. D., Nayak, A. P., Haugaard-Kedstrom, L. M., Penn, R. B., Roth, B. L., Bräuner-Osborne, H.*, and Gloriam, D. E.* (2019) Discovery of human signaling systems: Pairing peptides to G protein-coupled receptors. Cell 179, 895-908* co-last authors.
2. Mos, I., Jacobsen, S. E., Foster, S. R., and Bräuner-Osborne, H. (2019) Calcium-sensing receptor internalization is β-arrestin–dependent and modulated by allosteric ligands. Mol. Pharmacol. 96, 463-474
3. Jørgensen, S., Have, C. T., Underwood, C. R., Johansen, L. D., Wellendorph, P., Gjesing, A. P., Jørgensen, C. V., Quan, S., Rui, G., Inoue, A., Linneberg, A., Grarup, N., Jun, W., Pedersen, O., Hansen, T., and Bräuner-Osborne, H. (2017) Genetic variations in the human G protein-coupled receptor class C, group 6, member A (GPRC6A) control cell surface expression and function. J. Biol. Chem. 292, 1524-1534
The Carlsberg Foundation
Independent Research Fund Denmark | Medical Sciences
Horizon 2020 Marie Curie Programme
The Lundbeck Foundation
The Novo Nordisk Foundation
|Klein Herenbrink, Carmen||Assistant Professor||+4526364418|
|Mathiesen, Jesper M.||Associate Professor||+4535334244|
|Moo, Ee Von||Postdoc|
|Rahman, Sabrina Nalini||Postdoc||+4535331860|
|Rehfeld, Anders Aagaard||Postdoc||+4535333592|
|van Senten, Jeffrey||Postdoc|